Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

18 months of Pure Joy!

In the Stornoway Rain and the Wind!

The famous Deep Fried Milky Way - Sister Cardon finally tried it!

Art Work that Sister Saweyer and Sister Cardon made

Sister Cardon states,
 "The weather can only be described by a verse in the Doctrine and Covenants, Section 122. It feels like we have been, "be cast into the deep, the billowing surge conspire against thee, the fierce winds become thine enemy, the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way!" Never before have I experienced such horrid weather for such a long period of time. A storm hit the island twice this week which caused the Ferry not to sail on Tuesday and Saturday. So I hope it goes next Monday! Luckily we had a lot of appointments and we were able to spend most of the week inside. Overall a great week, was full of fun and new experiences."


Sister Cardon is coming home next week. This is going to be her last message while out on her mission.  She will be able to make the last post regarding her homecoming. She shares,

 "I gave my last talk in the ward and I talked about the blessings of the gospel I have seen throughout my mission. One blessing I talked about was the blessing of exaltation and I started to cry as I told them that I knew I would see them all again. It was a spiritual moment and I realized how blessed I have been these last 18 months. I have met people that I love with all my heart, I learned to love more than I thought was possible. What a true blessing it is that I will be able to see all of those people again, and that I know that I can be with them forever. Not just for a little while, but forever! I feel so blessed because of the things I have come to learn and know on my mission. I didn't come out of my mission for me but I am going home receiving the greatest amount of blessings. I could never ever trade this experience for anything. Never ever ever! This has truly been the best 18 months OF my life so far. I have felt more happiness and joy while labors here than I have ever felt. I know that missions change lives especially the missionaries who are serving them. Thank you all so much for your support over these last 18 months. I would never have come out on a mission without all of your righteous examples and encouragement."

No comments:

Post a Comment