Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Mayhem and Being Psychic!

Sister Cardon shares,
 Everything was really good this week, its been kinda a crazy week. We are moving flats tomorrow  so we have to be moved out and have it all cleaned by then so we've spent a long time cleaning. The mission home senior sisters call our flat "the monster," and I highly agree. Its only been used for about a year but somehow it has aquired a large amount of junk from previous sisters. 

Our new flat belongs to a senior couple who got transferred down to England its smaller but still pretty nice and has 2 bathrooms! Besides moving flats this week was a stressful week. Edinburgh is kinda full of crazy people who take a lot of attention. So we have done a lot of running back and forth and having a lot of stressful phone calls. Sister Watt describes this area as a "high matenience Area."  This week we were able to get a less active member back to church who has been less active for about 6 months since her brother died
.
We had an amazing miracles yesterday. As you know we are trying to find new investigators this week. We found one his name is James.. This was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had on my mission because I could physically see the spirit working on James, more than I ever have I felt the spirit testify through me. There was a part that I said his name and told him how God loved him and was so proud of him. And as I said that, I could see the total impact from my words. He seemed to be taken back by the authority in my voice of what I said. I don't say this to lift my self up, but I know that what I said to him was completely from God and that if Jesus Christ was standing in my place he would've said the same things and it was such a great thing to feel the authority and power in my words as I testified to him. 

It is amazing how the spirit works on people. I feel so blessed to be here on a mission and to learn to listen to the language of the spirit because that will help me through my entire life. I just know that the with the spirit we can know everything. We can do everything, we never have to be confused or scared or afraid or unsure because we can trust in God and his way. Yesterday Sister Watt was saying, "I wish I was psychic," and I said "you are, you have the spirit!." So that is my little missionary spiritual thought for the week, when you dont' know what to do you can find out what to do by the spirit.


Love, Sister Cardon

No comments:

Post a Comment