Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

A Train, Bus and Ferry to "The Isle of Lewis"

Sister Lowry and Sister Cardon

The Highland

Stornoway

A Gift from a new member -A Fish
Sister Cardon describes her trip to Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis. 
"The  Ferry ride was much more violent than the other ones to Ireland because we do go out into open sea and there is land no where in sight! The waves are pretty big and are strong enough to lift the boat up into the air and bring to back down with a big loud splash into the ocean. I like rollar coasters so it was quite enjoyable for me, but we couldn't walk very well around the ferry when it was in mid ocean. And oh my goodness!! Words cannot describe the beauty I saw when I was on the ferry! I got to go through the" highlands," they are the only mountains in Scotland. All around me were these big green mountains and it looks like a movie, like Lord of the Rings or something. Its so amazing!
Of all my flats, this one in Stornoway is perhaps the nicest. I'ts actually a house equipped for a family so it feels a lot like home and its really big and is really good quality too."

Sister Cardon predicts Stornoway will be her most favorite area of her mission. She said people sound like the did in Ireland, but they also speak Gaelic and she is learning to understand them. She can't read any sign as they are all in Gaelic. They have an investigator that just got baptized and another investigator to teach! Her companion is going home in 5 weeks but wants to work hard until the very end. Sister Cardon is so excited to be on Stornoway and is determined to learn the city before Sister Lowry goes home. She met 15 members on Sunday and she said they are Rock Solid members!


No comments:

Post a Comment